On these cold, blustery days, there is nothing better than a big healthy pot of delicious soup! I don’t have the energy to cook the way I used to, so I love to use the slow cooker to cook in big quantities so I can freeze some for a few weeks from now. This recipe is one of those things I came up with based on what was on hand and it turned out GREAT! Easy, super healthy, and flexible….that works for me! Hope you enjoy it too.
The ingredients are very approximate….I don’t like to measure precisely for a recipe like this so use your own judgement and adjust to your taste. My slow cooker was practically overflowing, but I figure if I’m gonna cook, then make ALOT!
****This post contains affiliate links which are no additional cost to you, but help me maintain the cost of this site.****
- 1 Package of Cheese Tortellini (from the freezer section)
- 3 Cartons of Chicken Stock
- 1 Pound of Chicken
- 1 28 0z. Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Box Frozen Spinach
- 1 Cup Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- ½ Cup Chopped Celery
- 2 Tbsp. Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder
- 3 Boullion Cubes
- 3 Bay Leaves
- Add the chicken stock and the diced tomatoes with the liquid to the slow cooker. Add the raw chicken. Drain the spinach and add it to the soup. Chop the celery and add that with the mixed veggies. Add the spices and the bullion cube and bay leaves. After about 5 hours, you can take the chicken out and shred it with your hand mixer or a fork. Add the frozen tortellini a half hour before you are ready to serve. Enjoy!!
Helpful Hint….When working with celery, wrap it in aluminum foil to store it in the refrigerator. It will stay fresher MUCH longer!!
Join our newsletter
Enter your email address below to sign up for my email list and get a special surprise thank you gift from me.